Monday, June 1, 2015
Using Backward Planning to Remember "Big Things"
I faithfully write down bills due in my monthly calendar and even transfer them to my weekly pages but that doesn't always prepare me fully for bigger bills that are only due 2x year.
For example: insurance payments. They are usually larger and need more time to plan for them than monthly bill that would simply come out of the monthly budget. That's where I plan backwards.
As noted in the image above, I go 1 week (or more) back from a due date and write in a reminder that a bill is coming soon.
You can also due this with other things such as projects, gatherings or holiday prep. How do you use backward planning? Do you call it something else?
- McDougall Links and Groups
- Plant-Based Instant Pot People Facebook Group
- The Butterfly Effect- Raw and Plant Based Weight Loss Facebook Group
- Simple Daily Recipes Blog
- Simple Daily Recipes You Tube Channel
- Jill McKeever Plant-Based Recipe Hoarders Facebook Group