Menu planning has always been part of my weekly routine. I would be flabbergasted when friends would say, "It's 4 o'clock and I still have no idea what is for dinner!" How could you not know what is for dinner?! (smile) What do you buy at the grocery store if you don't have a plan for the week? That's how my thinking tends to go.
So, I always have at least a basic plan of the weekday meals when I go to the grocery store. We live 20-ish minutes away from town so the hubby picks up anything that we might need during the week that we forgot on Saturday shopping day! Here's what's on the menu for this week:
Baked Ziti, Steamed Broccoli & Cauliflower
Large Dinner Salad and Chik Patties (for the guys)*
Spaghetti & Meatballs (the guys like these)*
BBQ Cabbage Sandwiches & potato wedges or fries
Split Pea Soup
* We don't buy meat, so everything we eat is vegetarian at the very least. I try to follow Dr. McDougall's program and the quickest way to describe it is a whole food, plant-based, no oil, vegan diet. Ingredients in the faux meat products are not vegan and often have added oil, so my guys eat them but I do not.
- McDougall Links and Groups
- Plant-Based Instant Pot People Facebook Group
- The Butterfly Effect- Raw and Plant Based Weight Loss Facebook Group
- Simple Daily Recipes Blog
- Simple Daily Recipes You Tube Channel
- Jill McKeever Plant-Based Recipe Hoarders Facebook Group